Friday, July 16, 2010

Last day and Fiesta

Our last full day in Costa Rica felt very bitter sweet. On Monday of that week I was thinking it was time to go back home, I missed certain foods, Chipotle, and of course Alex. But once it was Friday, our last full day I was wishing it wasn't so.

After finishing classes I hung out at the school for a bit trying to decide what I was going to do for my last day, and I was on my own as many others had made lunch plans with their host families. I decided to explore some stores I hadn't been to in order to get gifts for my teachers and Tico mom. It was a great afternoon and a very different experience to explore and sit in Cafe Deliciosa alone watching people. It was the first time I had gone and done anything alone, besides walking home. It was a very nice, peaceful chance to take in Grecia and reflect on the trip.

We ended the day with a fiesta in which we received our certificates, played some games about our knowledge of Costa Rica, and drink some cerveza.

Below is Jenna and I with, Marianela, our first teacher, and with our second teacher Enriqu,e and then a group picture of some of us.

We then finished the night off with El Lago (a club but not a Disco), in which we danced and watched people dance, it was an interesting aspect of the culture that I am glad I experienced...even though it was difficult to get up at 6am to leave for San Jose.



No comments:

Post a Comment