Monday, June 28, 2010

First Weekend y Manuel Antonio

We left for the weekend to visit the beach, Manuel Antonio on Friday. The bus ride was very curvy which made a few people sick but fortunately no one puked.

On the way we stopped to see the crockodiles in the river or as our tour guide says crocodriles. He didn´t know we were all laughing at his pronounciation. They were definitely fat crockodiles as it appeared the community throws them chicken in order for tourists to stop and look and buy souvenirs.


After arriving at the hotel in Manuel Antonio I took a big wipe out near the pool because the flooring was very slick from the rain. I had tried to catch myself with my wrist and ended up with a very swollen wrist and hand by the end of the night. This was a bad start to a vacation weekend. In the morning I went to the pharmacy to see the doctor and had it wrapped and received some stronger ibuprofen like drugs for 20 bucks.


I then wore pants and hiking shoes to the national park to prevent bug bites but by the time we arrived at the beach in the park my feet were covered in bites. I then got more bites while sitting in the bar later that evening. Some of us think the tiny ants were biting or we were bitten while in bed.


Although I had some unlucky experiences it was great to see white face monkeys at the park and titi monkeys in the trees around our hotel. There were also the occasional iguana. Unfortunately, I took few photos on this trip as it was too difficult to carry my camera.


I came back and told my host mom that I got drogas for my hand and found out that only works when speaking of marijuana or hard core drugs in Costa Rica, I was corrected with las pastillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment